How Difficult Is the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate Exam?
One of the associate-level certificates offered by Amazon Web Services is the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate, which is known for being the most challenging. But how hard is it in reality?
The AWS SysOps Administrator exam is unique in that it concentrates on exam scenarios covering AWS services’ operational and deployment facets. This implies that those without prior work experience may find it a little challenging. Monitoring, auditing, managing resources, and problem-solving are all covered in much more detail.
Regular use of AWS services will make the exam substantially more straightforward for you. Additionally, I advise my students to pass at least one of the other associate-level exams, such as the AWS Certified Developer Associate or the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
Is it worthwhile to earn an associate's degree in AWS Certified SysOps Administrator?
Because they do not hold a position involving systems operations, some candidates decide to forego taking the SysOps Associate exam. I would contend that getting this certification is worthwhile for the following reasons:
- First, it offers some distinctiveness because it’s regarded as more complex, and fewer individuals have it on their CV.
- Second, you’ll already be most of the way there if you’re pursuing the other associate-level certificates due to the amount of overlap (see below), so it’s worth the extra work.
Do you need any prerequisites?
There are no requirements to take the test. However, as I said above, I advise obtaining a different associate-level certification or gaining equal work experience before beginning. You’ll gain a deeper comprehension of AWS services and more excellent practical experience if you first enroll in another associate-level certification course (assuming you follow along with the labs).
What subjects are addressed?
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate test guide lists six domains:
Domain 1: Remediation, Logging, and Monitoring
- The AWS monitoring and logging service is utilized to implement metrics, alarms, and filters.
- Fix problems by monitoring and availability metrics
Domain 2: Business Continuity and Reliability
- Implement elasticity and scaling
- Create settings that are reliable and robust.
- Use backup and restoration techniques.
Domain 3: Automation, Deployment, and Provisioning
- supply and upkeep of cloud resources
- Automate repetitive or laborious tasks.
- Security and compliance make up
Domain 4:Establish and maintain security and compliance guideline Implement security measures for your infrastructure and data.
Domain 5: Content Delivery and Networking
- Implement connectivity and networking features
- Setup content delivery, DNS services, and domains
- Investigate problems with network connectivity
Domain 6: Performance and Cost Optimization
- Implement cost-saving measures.
- Put performance optimization strategies into practice.
What proportion of other associate-level qualifications overlap with this one?
All of the associate-level certifications have a lot of overlap. Similar to the AWS Solutions Architect Associate and AWS Developer Associate, both services offer the entire set of services. The exam objectives for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator are different, as you can see from the domains from the exam guide above, being more focused on deployment, management, and operational operations.
Along with various goals, other services are addressed in greater detail, including:
- AWS Systems Manager (lots of coverage of inventory, patching, software management, etc.)
- AWS CloudFormation (at least compared to the AWS Solutions Architect Associate)
- Amazon ElastiCache (more focus on deployment types) AWS Config (for compliance)
- Amazon CloudWatch (lots of coverage of performance monitoring, events, logs, etc.)
- AWS IAM (more geared towards understanding IAM policies)
- AWS Organizations (know your SCPs!)
- AWS Cost management tools (fairly light coverage but more than the other associates: Cost Explorer, Cost and Usage Report, AWS Budgets)
What kind of questions are on the test?
You can utilize the following sites to learn more about the format of the exam questions:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator quiz questions to test your knowledge
- View the sample exam questions and solutions.
The exam scenarios are taken from numerous typical instances that students have observed appearing on the exam, making them a beneficial tool for understanding the kinds of questions you’ll encounter. Additionally, knowing what you need to learn to prepare might be significantly aided by this.
How can you get ready for the best?
You’re eager to begin your AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate certification journey, and you’re wondering what resources are available to support you. Start with the free options. There are connections to several free resources, including AWS documentation, blog posts, practice questions, and cheat sheets.
The following AWS SysOps however, are the best option (in our opinion) for the complete study of experience.
I hope you’re eager to get started and looking forward to hearing about your exam achievement. The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate is a terrific certification on your CV!